Monday, April 22, 2013

Day one... Check!

Well, after them waiting until the last moment to send me my formal job off (3:46 EST Friday, needed to be accepted by 4 PM), I did travel on Sunday to the Center for Domestic Preparedness in Anniston, Alabama.  It was an early morning flight, which at first seemed like a bad thing.  However, the weather only got worse as the day went on and I was able to fly just ahead of the weather.  So maybe because of the early flight, I made it here on time!


Today was our first day of training.  As expected, the morning was a bunch of overview information.  The best part was that the head of FEMA, Administrator Craig Fugate, gave us a really good pep talk.  In the afternoon we started the team building process and learning about everyone else on our 30 person team.  There are the two national 30 person teams here; my team on the East Coast, the Blue team, and the West Coast team, the Red Team.  In addition, there is a 10 person regional team as well.  Part of the training will be in our individual teams, others will be with my counterpart on the Red team in my same Communications Unit Leader position.  The Regional team does not have our position.  As we were exploring our new training facility, I found a couple of interesting labs next to each other; the Explosives Lab and the Meth Lab... this training could be more interesting than I thought ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment