Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Less than a week... maybe?!?

Well, the IMAT academy starts this Sunday down in Anniston, Alabama.  At this point I am stuck awaiting my Standard Agency Security check to come back clear.  Somehow in 5 weeks time they have had my background info they have not been able to clear me.  So as here I am today, checking my email every 5 minutes to see if anything has changed.  Nope, still no email.  So the waiting game continues.

We did get the schedule for the training.  It is starting, as I mentioned, this Sunday on April 21 and goes until July 12th.  They have stuff scheduled for most days in there, including the weekends.  As it sits right now, we will get two days off to come home over Memorial Weekend.  In addition, there is a "field trip" planned to both Washington DC and New York to discuss the Hurricane Sandy operations.  The leader of my team, Michael Byrne, has been the main Federal Coordinating Officer (FCO) for the Sandy efforts.  So I am excited to get to work under someone that has a vast, real world experience in this area.

Here's hoping to get wheels up on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment